Happy Labor Day to all of my USA loves!
If you've been following along with Touch of Curl for awhile. you know I love Gap. I shop Gap for my children, myself, and swear by it for their maternity selection. While getting ready for our trip back to the US this weekend (woohoo!!) I decided I couldn't live another day without my beloved Gap Joggers. If you learn anything from this post, let it be these joggers. I sadly packed them away, SOMEHOW thinking I wouldn't need them here in Nice. Except silly me, because just about every night I crave the cozy feeling of sliding them on after a long day. So here I am, buying a new pair because they're packed somewhere far away in boxes, when I saw 40% OFF, NO EXCLUSIONS at Gap with code LABORDAY!
First of all, if you have kids, RUN to their childrens sale because ugh, they're adorable and expensive. I only buy Gap kids at 40% off, but the quality is so wonderful both Josie and Maddie have worn everything I've bought and it's STILL in great condition, so it really is worth it.
But if you're shopping for yourself (because, hello fall!!) then WooHoo let's talk about all of my favorite basics (and so not-so-basic beautiful pieces) that you absolutely need.
1. Mix-Print Paisley Top - This style shirt is available in 4 different color variations, but I really love this print the best. Effortless, bohemian, yes to all of it for fall!
2. Modal Elbow-Sleeve Crewneck - I'm a sucker for olive green in fall (but this is also available in 3 other colors!) and I love the 3/4 sleeve here as well. It feels like a great layering piece under a leather jacket, or worn with a black or camel corduroy skirt for a perfect chic fall look. Either way, easy and comfortable.
3. Smocked Bell Sleeve Top - This just looks so comfortable and cute! One of my favorite things about Gap is their ability to create products I want to both wear out and go to sleep in! They're incredibly soft and wearable - and this looks exactly that.
4. Merino Star Crewneck Sweater - Ok it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me to choose between the grey and blush colors available for this gorgeous sweater, but I think I've settled on grey. I just think this is adorable - already purchased!
5. Merino Well Crewneck Pullover - Available in 5 colors ranging from black to berry, this is a great fall staple at a very affordable price! I would wear this with my favorite leopard print scarf and some dark demin - perfect fall look.
6. Merino Well Turtleneck - I have numerous Gap turtlenecks from over the years and I absolutely love them. There such a perfect combination of functionality (hello warm neck in chilly fall/winter!) and sophistication. I love wearing statement necklaces (preferably gold) over a black turtleneck, or tucked into some dark denim with a belt.
7. High Rise Crop Flare Jean - Ok if you're like me and want to try the crop flare look (I LOVE it with heels!) then this is a perfect budget friendly way to dip your toe into the trend! I would wear these with literally any of the tops mentioned on this list (especially #1) or any top with bell sleeves to complement the bell in the jeans! In my experience Gap jeans run a little big, so size down if you're in-between sizes.
8. Rib-Knit Henley Tank - This is available in more colors than I can count, and crazy comfortable. I bought it as a PJ top to match my joggers, and now wear it more outside than inside. It's also very nursing friendly for all of my BF'ing mamas out there (I lived in this with Maddie!) and just oh soooo soft. Buy it in 1 color, or maybe 5 colors, either way, you're welcome.
9. Pure Body Lightweight Cami - I'm a big fan of the pure body line in general, and this cami is just the perfect sleep shirt that you never want to take off. Love, love, love.
10. Textured Open-Front Cardigan - Available in sand (pictured) heather gray and black, this is a total no-brainer for fall. I love the length paired with denim, or layered over a dress!
SO many things to order - now I just need to wait for the temps to drop, lol! I'll be in NYC on Saturday, and then Minnesota the week after - so send ALL the fall vibes my way!
Have any of you worn any of this pieces? I would love to hear your thoughts - and as always, fall shopping tips!
Happy Shopping my loves