Hello Loves! Its been awhile since I've shared a recipe, and since fall is here (hello, baking season!) I knew it was time to share another, so I enlisted the help of Josie to perfect it!
There is just something about Banana bread that is so warm, inviting and irresistible. It's the baking equivalent of comfort food, which is why I couldn't wait to share the experience of making it with Josie now that she's old enough to help! I mean hey, look at that cutie peeling our bananas - she's a pro!
Banana bread needs to be three things: moist, deliciously sweet and fresh baked - so if you have some ripe bananas sitting in your house now, you can can all three of those things in just over an hour with this recipe! And even if yours are still yellow, you can bake them to brown them, Chrissy Teigan just taught me lol!!
My brother in law was visiting a couple weeks ago with his girls. After we had all finished a loaf before it has time to cool, he told me this was by far the best banana bread he had ever had - I was so flattered I made 2 more loaves before they left - and we devoured all 3! It is so easy to make, and you probably already have every ingredient in your home already. Just make sure not to overbake (keep it gooey!!) and you're sure to have some warm, gooey, deliciousness ready soon!
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (approx 3 bananas)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch pan. Personally, I prefer to grease with coconut oil!
- Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour and baking soda, stirring just until combined. The lumps add to the moisture and flavor, so don't over-mix!
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour (or till toothpick comes out clean). Remove from pan after about 5 minutes of cooling and enjoy! Fresh out of the over is truly the best - so don't forget to eat a slice or two right away :)
I hope you enjoy! If you try it, let me know how it tasted. I know you're going to love it - and your little ones will too!