Happy Monday my loves! I hope you've had a relaxing start to your week :)
I don't know about you, but I prefer spending my mornings sleeping in as late as possible (I have kids so this means hopefully past 6am!) and sitting down to enjoy my coffee for as long as possible while it's still warm. It's the little things, am I right?!
Unfortunately, the last thing I have time for in the mornings is my hair or makeup. Right now I'm juggling getting Josie to preschool drop off by 8:20 and then run-walking over to my French classes which start at 8:45am. These two are about a 20 minute walk apart and ahhhh mornings are CRAZY!
So in an effort to streamline things, I long ago developed a super easy makeup routine which takes me about 5 minutes. I can even do it with two toddlers poking me and crying at my legs. Multitasking is a true mom skill :)
So for starters, here is the post where I detailed everything regarding my haircare routine and how I've learned to love wearing my hair natural! My hair takes less than 5 minutes after showering and it's been a total game changer for me.
For my makeup I wanted to give a quick run through of my step by step process. It might seem long, but I promise it isn't! All products are linked below, and truly recommended! I've been using most of these products for many years and I'm so happy to share them with you. Also as a side note, all of the pictures above and below were taken late in the day in natural light with no touch ups. I wanted to show how the makeup wears over time, rather than immediately after application. And I would never photoshop my photos (especially because I have no idea how!) so this is the real deal.
1. I start by smoothing NARS Pure Radiant moisturizer evenly over my skin. I've used this product religiously for about 5 years. It's a light to medium coverage that looks so natural and feels like nothing once it's applied. I always have Light 1 and Light 3 on hand and mix between the two to perfect my shade. In the summer I use only Light 3 and by the time the dead of winter hits I am on Light one, otherwise I blend the two.
2. Next I use my Anastasia brow brush to brush up my browns and fill them in with the pomade. I've had the same pomade for nearly 2 years and its still about 3/4 full. Make sure to close the lid tight and it will last you forever. I love this product because the color stays put perfectly and it is very easy to use.
3. I move onto my eyes and dust a light coating of whichever color I'm in the mood for in my naturals palate. I love this palate because it's a great price point and the colors are subtle yet really enhance my eyes. I recently discovered EcoTools brushes and I LOVE them. They're made with 100% recycled materials and the quality is wonderful.
4. Kevyn Aucoin eyeliner is another one of my staples for many many years. I used to think eyeliner was too fussy until I found this. It is so easy to apply, I can do it in about 10 seconds for both eyes, and the color lasts all day without ever running.
5. I cannot say enough great things about this Kevyn Aucoin volume mascara! It's a fiber mascara, and while the volume and color is great, the best part os the fibers. They come off effortlessly with warm water, no makeup remover required. And it NEVER FLAKES. Unlike normal mascara, the fibers are little tubes surrounding the lashes, and therefore never flake off like regular color. I'm devoted and will probably never change mascaras. I also love this eyelash curler, it's easy to use and doesn't pinch my lids.
6. I have a post coming up further detailing this concealer, but let me just say it's my savior in life. Sleepy, dark eyes be gone. If I put nothing else on, I make sure to use my concealer under my eyes with my beauty blender. You NEED these!
7. I have a love affair with blush, always have! Like I said above with the concealer, on a lazy day I sometimes just fix my under eyes and swipe on some blush for a glowing natural look. This Laura Mercier is a blush/highlighter duo and I am so in love. I creates a glowing effect that looks both naturally pink, and luminescent at the same time. It's a splurge but it's highly pigmented and a small swipe of this EcoTools brush is all I need for each cheek. I've had it for 6 months and it still looks brand new.
8. My final step is finishing powder. I do not use this everyday, but when I do I really notice a difference in how long my makeup lasts for. My color doesn't run or fade, and it looks more natural once the setting powder has created a more matte look on my face. I love this retractable brush for the setting powder so that no other color from inside my bag gets on the brush. It stays clean for the finishing touch.
9. And before I go, I wanted to mention my favorite little lip tint for on the go. This Rosebud Salve creates a natural but rosy color while keeping my lips soft. I always have it in my purse and makeup bag.
Now I want to hear about your makeup routines! I would love to hear about any experience you have with these products, or what you are devoted to as well!