Hey gals! I'm really feeling it today, how about you? It's been a hard, hard election season for everyone - and I just couldn't jump into this post without taking a minute to say I am here with all of you out there mourning this deep loss. I know everyone's reaction to these results will differ, and everyone is entitled to their feelings and opinions. I've felt more emotional and filled with grief than I could have ever imagined, and I just really needed to let it all out
SO switching gears, I wanted to share some insight into my packing philosophy since we have a trip coming up tomorrow! I am a notoriously light packer, especially these days with all the extra stuff we need for our kids (Hello 2 pack 'n plays, carseats, endless clothes...). Our trip tomorrow is for a very exciting weekend in Chicago where my parents are throwing us a reception for our family who couldn't make our Parisian wedding! We will be in town for around 3.5 days, so I thought it would be the perfect time to show how I pack for a quick trip in the fall!
When packing for a short trip I start by picking a color theme. Sticking with similar colors makes it much easier to mix and match pieces rather than bringing 4 full outfits. I always let myself bring 1 pair of shoes, pants and jacket per every 2 days. Therefore I try starting with a neutral shoe, like these black suede booties, and blue jeans, then build outfits off those basics. Normally I would go with a classic black leather jacket, but I thought the mossy green added a fun (but still relatively neutral) pop of color diversity. Let me know what you think of these pieces together!
1. Stuart Weitzman Lowland Over The Knee Boots - These were a HUGE splurge last year, so for a more budget friendly option I suggest these similar styles by Free People boots, Vince Camuto and Sole Society
3. My beloved Wool Leopard Print Scarf from J. Crew - I've been obsessed with this for about 6 years, EVERYONE needs a leopard scarf for fall! There are so many different color variations, and size of the spots (I prefer smaller spots and darker blends). Here is one from Sole Society.
4. Splendid Waffle Knit Stretch Cotton and Modal Blend Top - This is so comfortable it feels like PJ's, the perfect laid back long sleeved. It's lighter than a sweater, but heavy enough to wear alone on a light fall day. Layer with scarves, vests, jackets, it easily pairs with anything from Nike's to booties.
5. Rag & Bone "The Skinny Jean" - Woahhhh I'm obsessed with these. My favorite pair of denim (especially if you have a small butt like me - insert laugh/crying emoji). They never stretch out, it's incredible, I'm devoted, and the wash is gorgeous. They're 20% off today for the day after the election (and they rarely go on sale).
6. Rag & Bone Two Toned Fedora - I got mine on big time sale but they all sold out, here are so great alternatives for less! This August option is so cute, and this option from Target is almost identical!
7. Dolce Vita Suede Tassel Booties - These are my go-to in the fall, especially when I'm out with the girls! They're low enough that I have full mobility, but still very chic. There are so many options available at every budget - this pair from DSW is very similar,
9. Tippi Sweater in embroidered stars - I adore this sweater. It's a deep navy with adorable golden stars - overall I have not been loving J. Crew's offerings this year, but this is bringing me back. It runs a bit large, I got the XS for a tailored fit.
11. Club Monaco Alessia Pant - These eggplant cords are the perfect intersection between the velvet trend and a deep purple for fall. They run big, so size down.
If you have any questions on fit or sizing, let me know! And follow me on Snapchat @touchofcurl or Instagram for updates on our trip!