It's no secret - I've expressed my undying affection for these Stuart Weitzman OTK beauties on the blog before. But while I was scrolling through instagram and blogs the last few days, inundated with photo after photo from the recent Victora's Secret Fashion Show (guilty pleasure!), I stumbled upon this article from WhoWhatWear titled "Own These Boots? You're One Step Closer to Becoming a VS Angel". Leading me to think...
A) Who knew that even at 8 months pregnant I'm practically a VS model? and B) This OTK trend is seriously picking up some steam, everyone is wearing these!
Stuart Weitzman is completely owning the market share in OTK right now, and why not? I wore my boots all day long walking around downtown Chicago, and it is shocking how comfortable they are. I looked at the health app on my phone at one point and saw I had already walked 7 miles in them, and I'm largely pregnant, people! Comfort is key, but in my opinion, so is the slim look these babies give. The best part of the OTK style is how sliming and elongating they are.
But hey, lets get real - the price here is STEEP, and while I've been lusting over these forever, maybe this isn't your investment piece of choice. So I searched and searched the web (ok, mostly just Nordstrom) and I found my favorite ways for you to either take the plunge with me, or some much more budget friendly ways to work the trend.
And I know what you're thinking - WINTER IS COMING, which means this post is around 2 months too late to really enjoy them. And yes, this has some truth to it, however off season shopping is ALWAYS the best way to score a great deal on quality items. Many of these are budget friendly because they are on sale now. Wear them for a few weeks (especially if they're suede!) or longer, then pack them away for a fabulous next fall!
1. Via Spiga 'Beline' OTK Boot $356.90 - Beautiful, available in 4 colors, and on sale now at an attractive mid-price point.
2. Dolce Vita 'Osanna' OTK Boot $199.90 - Also available in a dark grey suede, but with 106 5 star reviews, these might be your new boots - or should be!
3. Stuart Weitzman 'Highland'OTK Boot $798 - THE VS Angel preferred boot. At Nordstrom they are available in 4 colors, but the size and color selection is even better here on their official site. The color of my boots is Bordeaux.
4. Steve Madden 'Gorgeous' OTK Boot $149.95 - I have a love/hate relationship with how Steve Madden creates exact duplicates of designer shoes and pretends to be a real designer....but you can't beat it, these are a spot on match for the SW Highland.
5. Topshop 'Count' OTK Boot $190 - Side Zip and amazing color :)
6. Charles by Charles David 'Edie' OTK Boot $139 - I read a review on a different blog recently for these and they were the clear budget winner. VERY comfortable and chic. Love the color :)
8. Sam Edelman 'Remi' OTK Boot $189.95 - Nappa Leather look without the steep price!
9. Stuart Weitzman '50/50' OTK Boot $655 - Iconic, Stuart Weitzman's best selling shoe of all time! Hard to go wrong with the 50/50, they are truly timeless. 168 5 star reviews and available in 8 colors, ranging from midnight blue to black embossed croc.
10. Blondo 'Eden' OTK Waterproof Boot $284.95 - The reviews on these are very good, and WATERPROOF!? So that's amazing.
11. Corso Como 'Laura' OTK Boot $198.36 - Also available in a beautiful grey and black suede
12. Nine West 'Tiberia' OTK Boot $151.16 - Reviewed as being perfect for someone with wider calves, comfortable stretch panel in back.
SO which are your favorites? I'd love to hear in the comments! With no snow in the forcast I am enjoying every minute we have of this unusual fall weather and wearing my suede! Hope you're having a great week!!
As always, xoxo HAPPY SHOPPING!