Now, I would certainly never consider myself any kind of maternity wear expert - but as I begin waddling my way through this 2nd 3rd trimester, it's safe to say I've tried on my fair share of stretchy pants.
Dressing the bump for those long LONG last few months is one of the toughest times for style. Summer pregnancy was so easy last time around with a July due date, it was all maxi dresses and flip flops for life! However with an approaching January due date this time around - it's time to get a little more creative.
Maternity fashion has VASTLY improved from years past when our mothers wore bag-like dresses and mens clothing. Despite this, it still typically isn't the high point of anyones style game. I wear a lot of black, and for good reason. It's slimming and dear GOD do I feel like I need the slimming effect these days. And sure, maternity leggings are comfy as HELL, but I try to mix it up a bit too.
It's all personal preference, but I am a happier pregnant woman when I feel good about my look. When I'm at home, catch me in my robe or sweatpants ALL DAY. But when I go out, I like to feel confident and proud to show off this little miracle growing inside of me. Even if it is causing this sprouting muffin top growing out opposite my bump...
SO - some of my top picks for maternity wear, broken down from Cocktail and Workwear to Casual and Comfort. Many of these items I own personally, so i'll denote that in the descriptions and give my input.
So, let me be the first to admit that I am not the most well versed in what 'appropriate maternity style' looks like in every workplace. My current boss is a 14 month old, who, while very opinionated, is less concerned with my attire than where I keep hiding the cheddar bunnies. With these looks I tried to find a mix of workwear pieces, as well as pieces to take you into date night and beyond! No more fear of being invited to a wedding while pregnant!
1. ASOS Star Print Pussybow Blouse $58
2. Ingrid & Isabel Midi Skirt $68 - Was recommended highly by a friend who owns it, said she took her normal size
3. Loft Crystal Drop Statement Earrings $29.50
4. PattyBoutik Mama Cowl Neck Short Sleeved Dress $35.00 (other colors available) - I don't own this, but I am really impressed by this brand I found on amazon. Really comfortable pieces and a stretch that will carry you till the very big end. I would recommend taking your normal size.
5. Loft Metallic Hinge Bracelet $24.50 - I love the texture of the animal hair as well as the print, but this also comes in a pebbled black leather finish. Either way, I'm totally into it
6. Loft Acorn Print Utility Blouse 40% off Now $32.70
7. ASOS New Look Belted Coat with Faux-Fur $99.00
8. Seraphine Carrie Maternity Trousers $79.00
9. Loft Collarless Utility Blouse 30% off Now $32.70
10. Ingrid and Isabel Empire Shirred Dress in Navy $75.85 - I own this in black in my normal size small, but I love the navy too and it's on sale! I absolutely love this dress! Whenever I'm feeling frumpy and lumpy I put it on (with the underwear below!). Dress it down with a casual jacket or I add some heels for a date with Matthew, and immediately I feel attractive and feminine again. Highly recommended for both your style and sanity these long 9 months!
11. Assets by Sara Blakely Marvelous Mama Unbelievable Underwear - Hi, you need these. If you ever wear dresses or skirts or anything fitted and wished you could wear spanx while pregnant but don't want to suffocate, this is for you. Seriously, you're welcome. I took a size 2 and have been wearing them for both pregnancies.
12. Banana Republic Rattan Link Necklace $69.50 - I have a similar necklace and really love the effortless glam it brings to anything it's paired with
1. ASOS Breton Stripe Shirt $22 (other colors available) - I own, I love, I took my normal size, small
2. ASOS Mamalicious Turtleneck top $45
3. J. Crew Tartan Plaid Scarf $65.00 - I don't own this specific one, but I'm a sucker for J. Crew's wool scarves, they are warm and great quality! I have a few I've been wearing for years, and the compliments are still coming!
4. ASOS Bell Flare Jeans $63 - An awesome way to still enjoy the flare trend this fall/winter without investing in designer maternity denim
5. Gap Stripe Modal Boatneck Tee 30% off with code MORE Now $17.46 - Own this in the pink, but it comes in other colors, took my normal size small. Easy piece, will probably work till the end
6. ASOS Parka Coat in Wax Finish with Faux-Fur $153 - Super cute and chic, perfect for the mama who will be pregnant ALL WINTER
7. Gap Waffle Stitch Henley Sweater 30% off with code MORE Now $27.98 - I have in olive green and love. Very cozy, good 2nd tri into the 3rd piece.
8. PattyBoutik Mama Cowl Neck Maternity Top $39.99 - I LOVE this. So incredibly comfortable, stretchy and flattering! I have seriously considered ordering one of the many other colors (and it's on Prime baby!). Really pleased with the fit, it will absolutely work until the end, but is still comfortably fitted now. I took my normal size small.
9. Gap 1969 Pull-on Legging Jean $69.90 - Don't own this specific pair, but overall in my experience Gap denim tends to run large, so might want to size down.
10. Gap V-neck Shirttail Top 30% off with code MORE Now $20.96 (also comes in black)
11. Gap 1969 Inset Panel Forever Stretch Legging Jean $39.99 - They really mean forever stretch, I have been wearing these since 1st tri bloating set in with my LAST pregnancy, and I LOVE them! I took my normal size small, but be warned, they are skin tight. These are my way of still pretending like I don't wear leggings everyday :)
12. Collection XIIX 'Traveler Runway' Geometric Print Wrap $38 (available in other colors) - Accessorize all the black! A fun way to bring some color into the monotony of maternity dressing
I was SO excited to hear that after my last post 3 readers purchased items I featured on my #ShoppingProblems post! There is nothing I love hearing more! So please comment and let me know what you snagged or want to see more of!
Thanks for reading, and as always - HAPPY SHOPPING!